Welcome to the Bucket List “Let’s Make A Movie“ information page. Here’ we’ll be posting information about the upcoming Las Vegas 48 Hour Film Project that is taking place the weekend of April 12th – 14th, 2013. The competition starts on Friday night, April 12th at 7pm!
Kickoff is on Friday April 12th at 7pm! Click on the ‘Locations’ tab above for directions.
Information we need NOW!
- All participants must fill out the cast/crew information form (Click the ‘Info Form’ tab above.)
- Everyone must RSVP on the Meetup.com website to confirm participation!
What is the 48 Hour Film Project?
The 48 Hour Film Project comes to Las Vegas on the weekend of April 12 – 14, 2013. Filmmakers from all over the Las Vegas area will compete to see who can make the best short film in only 48 hours. The winning film will go up against films from around the world. There are currently 32 teams competing in this year’s Las vegas competition.
On Friday night (April 12th) each team will receive a character, prop, line of dialogue, and a movie genre. You then have only 48 hours to write a script, shoot your movie, edit and have it completed by 7pm on Sunday evening! A few days later all the movies from each team are then shown in a local movie theatre and judges will pick a winner!
Due to the dynamic nature of the competition the schedule throughout the weekend will be constantly changing but we’ve tried to show an example of how we hope the weekend will go …
- Receive Assignment (6-7 p.m.) – Two team representatives will attend the official kickoff to receive our assigned genre, prop, character, and dialogue!
- KICKOFF AT 7:00 PM! – Entire team will gather for a kickoff event at 7pm! During this time we will start assigning each team member to their cast & crew assignments.
- Assignment – Sometime between 7-8pm we will receive our movie making assignment (character, prop, line of dialogue, and movie genre.)
- Brainstorm – We will have a script brainstorming session with everyone.
- Write Script – Based on ideas from the brainstorming session the scriptwriters will then go and write a script.
- Pre-Production- Once the script is completed (hopefully sometime Friday evening) we will then:
- Send copies of the script to everyone
- Director and camera crew will start blocking and storyboarding the script
- Cast the actors for the movie
- Start gathering props
- Start creating costumes
- Start scouting locations
Hopefully at this point everyone will have clear direction of what they need to do!
- Pre-Production – All equipment, props, costumes, etc. will have been gathered and brought to the location(s) where we will be shooting the movie.
- Setup – Cast & crew will be at their shooting locations preparing and setting up the movie’s sets
- Shoot – SHOOT THE MOVIE! (hopefully we will be able to shoot everything by Saturday evening)
- Edit – Rough edit of the movie will be made as video is available
This is the final day and everything will need to be completed and the final move turned in by 7pm.
- Edit – Complete editing of the movie.
- Post-Production – Add music, sound effects, titles, etc…
- Export – Render and export movie
- Submission – Submit completed movie
Wednesday 4/17 at 8:30 p.m.
Screen our movie at the Century 18 Sam’s Town movie theatre! We are in Screening Group B
We get to see our movie up on the big screen in front of a packed theater! Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased in advance online HERE!
Every participant must fill out the form below! For those of you who attended the planning meeting I already have your information and you do not need to fill out the form. ~ Thanks
[directory form="1" page_size="30" lightboxsettings="images"]
Equipment & Props
- Tripod w/ Fluid Head
- Canon Vixia HF200
- Shoe Mount Shotgun Mic for Canon
- White Foam Boards and Mylar to make Bounce Boards
- Pie Tin Clamp Lights
- Shoulder Rig for Camera
- Canon XH-A1 HD Video Camera
- Sennheiser G2 Wireless Lapel Mic
- Audio-Technial AT897 Shotgun Mic
- Boom Pole with 20′ XLR Mic Cable
- Canon 60D DSLR Camera
- Canon DSLR Lenses:
- 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom
- 35mm f/2.8 macro
- 50mm f/1.8
- 15mm f/2.8 fisheye
- 70-300mm f/4-5.6 zoom
- Rhode VideoMic